* Up! Oh, Pixar, how do you keep doing it? I love you so.
UPDATED TO CRITERION CONFESSIONS...
* Drunken Angel, a different kind of crime picture from Akira Kurosawa.
* Wise Blood, the 1979 John Huston adaptation of Flannery O'Connor's dark comedy about religious hucksterism.
THIS WEEK IN DVD REVIEWS...
* Girl on a Motorcycle, wherein the 1960s drives up its own ass, taking Marianne Faithfull and Alain Delon with it.
* Love Unto Death, another Alain Resnais film from the 1980s, though this time overly intellectual and kind of dull.
* Revolutionary Road, Sam Mendes' literary adaptation with Leonardo DiCaprio and the divine Kate Winslet is one of my favorite films from 2008.
* Wendy and Lucy, a quiet portrait of solitude and struggle with a stand-out performance from Michelle Williams.
Current Soundtrack: Julian Plenti, "Fun That We Have;" some pre-mastered Gear tracks
e-mail = golightly at confessions123.com * Criterion Confessions * Live Journal Syndication * My Corporate-Owned Space * ComicSpace * Last FM * GoodReads * The Blog Roll * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon
All text (c) 2009 Jamie S. Rich