NEW IN THEATRES...
* The White Ribbon, Michael Haneke's Oscar-nominated black-and-white period piece. The most affecting morality play ever, or the most affected bunch of twaddle? Can't decide.
UPDATED TO CRITERION CONFESSIONS...
* Hausu (House, a catshit crazy Japanese horror film from 1977 currently touring the country.
Portlanders, see this movie at Cinema 21 this Monday through Thursday at 9 pm!
* Howards End, the return of the Merchant Ivory classic.
THIS WEEK IN DVD REVIEWS...
* Buena Vista Social Club, a by-numbers reissue of the Wim Wenders musical doc, part of Lionsgate's Music Makers series.
* George Bernard Shaw on Film - Eclipse Series 20, a collection of three screen adaptations of the master playwright's work. (Also at Criterion Confessions.)
* Make Way For Tomorrow - Criterion Collection, a powerful Depression-era drama from Leo McCarey. (Also at Criterion Confessions.)
* Tell Them Anything You Want: A Portrait of Maurice Sendak, Spike Jonze and Lance Bangs give us a wonderful documentary about the Wild Things author.
Current Soundtrack: Richard Hawley, Truelove's Gutter
e-mail = golightly at confessions123.com * Criterion Confessions * Live Journal Syndication * My Corporate-Owned Space * ComicSpace * Last FM * GoodReads * The Blog Roll [old version] * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon
All text (c) 2010 Jamie S. Rich