NEW IN THEATRES...
* Dinner for Schmucks, a good comedy that could have been great had it not played it so safe. Great performances by Steve Carrel and Paul Rudd, though.
* South of the Border, Oliver Stone's documentary about South American leaders...and Oliver Stone.
UPDATED TO CRITERION CONFESSIONS...
* The Secret of the Grain, a winning French drama. A little Kitchen Sink, a little Ozu, and lot's of heart.
THIS WEEK IN DVD REVIEWS...
* Date Night: Extended Edition: Steve Carrel is two for two this week for being in movies that he's better than. He and Tina Fey prove they can make even a mediocre production entertaining.
* The Wind Journeys, a folkloric Colombian movie about accordion masters, including their wicked insult battles.
Current Soundtrack: Dean & Britta, 13 Most Beautiful: Songs For Andy Warhol's Screen Tests - 21 songs, $11!
e-mail = golightly at confessions123.com * Criterion Confessions * Live Journal Syndication * My Corporate-Owned Space * ComicSpace * Last FM * GoodReads * The Blog Roll [old version] * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon
All text (c) 2010 Jamie S. Rich