A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Monday, February 22, 2010

DIG IF YOU WILL SOME PICTURES...

A couple of comics related links today.

Scans Daily has posted a look at mine and Joëlle's Madman Atomic Comics story, and you can take a look at it here. It's nice to see that it being put up was in response to someone being in Joëlle's spectacular work.

This story is going to be collected in the third trade paperback volume of the series next month: Madman Atomic Comics Volume 3: Electric Allegories

Here is one of my favorite sequences, featuring one of the G-Men from Hell:



Joëlle has also updated her blog with info regarding her upcoming appearance at Floating World and an online gallery we've started in order to sell and show her original pencils from Madame Xanadu. Her second issue (#20) is out on Wednesday.

Click on the image to read all about it:



Also in stores this week is the trade paperback Batman: King Tut's Tomb, written by my good friends Nunzio DeFilippis and Christina Weir, drawn by the legendary art team of Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez and Kevin Nowlan. I loved this comic. It reminded me when I read Mike W. Barr and Alan Davis' run on Detective Comics as an early teen. Just solid Batman investigating.

When I saw Nunzio and Christie at Comic-Con, I told them how much I liked it, and they said that wasn't surprising, since they based their portrayal of the Riddler on me! Apparently to get the right kind of smartass and smarm, they just kept asking, "How would Jamie say that?" How flattering! I love these comics even more now!



Current Soundtrack: Brett Anderson, Slow Attack

No comments: