* The Great Gatsby in 3D has two-wasted dimensions. Shtick and spectacle from Baz Luhrmann.
* Sightseers, the new film from Ben Wheatley, a rebel in search of applause. Take a tour of misanthropy.
* Indie & Arthouse for the Oregonian, 5/10/13: a two-week film noir festival at Cinema 21; Rock Hudson starring in John Frankenheimer's whacky psych-out Seconds, and the political/social documentary The Mosque in Morgantown.
THIS WEEK IN BD/DVD REVIEWS...
* Love and Pain and the Whole Damn Thing, a 1973 disjointed road-trip romance from Alan J. Pakula.
* Wake of the Red Witch, a seafaring, bodice-ripping potboiler with John Wayne.
Current Soundtrack: Teleman, "Cristina/In Your Fur;" Wardell, "Opossum"