NEW IN THEATRES...
* 13 Assassins, samurai slaughter from Takashi Miike.
Playing Portland at Cinema 21 starting this weekend.
* Midnight in Paris, everything old is new again in Woody Allen's delightful return to form.
* X-Men: First Class: Hey, man, that's a groovy mutation, but the movie's kind of a piece of crap.
THIS WEEK IN DVD/BD REVIEWS...
* The Cocoanuts, yuck it up with Los Bros. Marx in their 1929 debut.
* Man from Del Rio, starring Antony Quinn as a Mexican sheriff in a racially progressive 1950s western.
* Never Apologize, Malcolm McDowell's one-man show in remembrence of director Lindsay Anderson.
* Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow, a trio of themed stories from director Vittorio De Sica and actors Marcello Mastroianni and Sophia Loren.
Current Soundtrack: Depeche Mode, "Personal Jesus 2011" remix EP; Bar-Kays, Soul Finger
e-mail = golightly at confessions123.com * Midi-Confessions123 * Criterion Confessions * Live Journal Syndication * ComicSpace * Last FM * GoodReads * The Blog Roll [old version] * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon
All text (c) 2011 Jamie S. Rich