NEW IN THEATRES...
* The Ides of March, a political drama from he-that-can-do-no-wrong, George Clooney. Starring Ryan Gosling.
* Restless, Gus Van Sant's latest attempt to go back to high school. Insert words "emo" and "twee" now.
Portlanders may also want to check out the local premiere of the documentary Guilty Except for Insanity at Cinema 21 this weekend. Get times here.
UPDATED TO CRITERION CONFESSIONS...
* Carlos, the epic cinematic biography of Carlos the Jackal, from irascible auteur Olivier Assayas.
* The Complete Jean Vigo: L'Atalante, the lone full-length masterpiece by the influential French director.
THIS WEEK IN DVD/BD REVIEWS...
* Bored to Death: The Complete Second Season, the continuing adventures of Jason Schwarztman as the pulpy, humorous avatar of author Jonathan Ames.
* Dumbo: The 70th Anniversary Edition, the stellar new upgrade for the little elephant that could.
* I'm a Cyborg, But Thats OK, an inconsistent oddity from Park Chan-wook.
* Tomorrow is Forever, a post-war snooze with Orson Welles and Claudette Colbert doing their best to be mellow in all the drama.
* True Adolescents, a surprising indie comedy starring Mark Duplass as the cliche 30s rocker on his last legs.
Current Soundtrack: Dean Martin, "Sway;" Xavier Cugat, "The Lady in Red;" Enoch Light, "Autumn in New York;" Duffy, Endlessly
e-mail = golightly at confessions123.com * Midi-Confessions123 * Criterion Confessions * Live Journal Syndication * ComicSpace * Last FM * GoodReads * The Blog Roll [old version] * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon
All text (c) 2011 Jamie S. Rich