A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Sunday, August 23, 2009

INK YOUR LIFE

This week's "Five For Friday" topic at The Comics Reporter asks people to "Name Five Songs You'd Like to See Turned into Comic Stories and Your Artist of Choice."

Here are the results in full.

Mark Coale, of Odessa Steps and the Beat, not only proposed the topic, but included myself and Joëlle (and Chynna) in his answers:

Mark Coale

1. "Dedicated Follower of Fashion," The Kinks -- Chynna Clugston-Flores
2. "Up the Junction," Squeeze -- Jamie Rich/Joelle Jones
3. "Enola Gay," OMD -- Russ Heath
4. "Tessie," Dropkick Murphys -- Kurt Busiek/Mark Bagley
5. "Mr. Garfield," Johnny Cash -- John Cassaday


I also participated, and I suggested the following:

Jamie S. Rich

1. "All This Useless Beauty," Elvis Costello & the Attractions -- Matt Wagner
2. "Happiest Girl," Depeche Mode -- Ross Campbell
3. "Somebody Got Murdered," The Clash -- Naoki Urasawa
4. "Twilight," Antony & the Johnsons -- Craig Thompson
5. "Tea for the Tillerman," Cat Stevens -- Joelle Jones


I have to be honest, I didn't actually know this song:

>



Current Soundtrack: Arcade Fire, "Burning Bridges"

1 comment:

mark coale said...

I am very surprised you didn't know that Squeeze song.

I was trying to think of a song that told a good narrative and that song does that, plus it's all relationship-y, which is your forte.