A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

NOVEMBER LINKS!

Apologies for the radio silence. It's been one of those months. Lots of traveling, lots of personal responsibility, and a general lack of anything of great import to say.

A bit cheap, then, to throw out a post full of nothing but links, but here it is, a post with nothing but links:

* I participated in Robot 6's annual gift giving guide. My picks for the top 3 gifts everyone should give this year, and the 3 things I wish someone would give me are right here.

* Michel Fiffe shares the process on an epic party scene he drew with Mike Allred for one of my gift picks, the forthcoming Madman 20th Anniversary Monster, due December 14 (though it may get bumped to December 21). It's a massive collection, 11 X 17, full of new stories and tons of pin-ups. I wrote the two-page framing sequence, which Jim Valentino pencilled and Mike inked. MIchel's page caps the whole book, and it features characters from 12 Reasons Why I Love Her and Love the Way You Love.


Panel from my story with Valentino & Allred




A detail from Michel's drawing.



The book is currently 48% off at Amazon!

* Dan Christensen teases more from our forthcoming book. His blog, and the image here:



* Natalie Nourigat has her comics diary Between Gears collected this coming February, in one giant volume from Image Comics. I believe I have a blurb on the back cover. Find out more on her blog.



Natalie is going to be done with our comic by Christmas. I can't wait for everyone to read it. We really have something going on here, if I do say so myself.

* Joëlle Jones has a new book coming in April. She illustrated an adaptation of O.T. Nelson's The Girl Who Owned a City. I have seen the pages, and they are amazing, some of her best work yet. You can read a review of the book here, or just go ahead and order it from Amazon (The Girl Who Owned a City: The Graphic Novel (Single Titles)) and earn me a couple of pennies for each sale made through the link. :)



* Marc Ellerby has brought back his Polar Opposites web comic for the month of December. The details.



* December 14 will also see the release of the Marvel Holiday Comic 2011, an anthology of holiday-themed shorts. I wrote a Thing story, illustrated by Paco Diaz. It was pretty fun. Here is a link to Marvel's site, and the solicitation.

MARVEL HOLIDAY SPECIAL 2011
Written & Penciled by VARIOUS
Cover by TIM SEELEY
• Four new holiday adventures featuring your favorite
Marvel super heroes!
• Wolverine finally learns the Canadian art of ice hockey.
• Written and illustrated by some of Marvel’s hottest talent!
• Collecting MARVEL DIGITAL HOLIDAY SPECIAL 2011 #1-4
from Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited.
40 PGS./One-Shot/Rated T+... $3.99


And the cover:



Current Soundtrack: Tiger Boy starring Sabu




e-mail = golightly at confessions123.com * Midi-Confessions123 * Criterion Confessions * Live Journal Syndication * ComicSpace * Last FM * GoodReads * The Blog Roll [old version] * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon

All text (c) 2011 Jamie S. Rich

No comments: