A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Friday, February 01, 2013

FEELING THE RAPTURE GROW

Today Dan Christensen posted this image on his blog.


It's our main character making his exit, looking back over his shoulder, reflecting on all that has happened, questioning the truth of it.

It was posted to commemorate Dan finishing the book. He's done. It's drawn, lettered, toned. It'll be on onipress.com in one of the later waves of digital content, hopefully by the end of the year. It's one of my favorite books I've ever done.

Read what Dan has to say in full at his blog.

As a comic book making experience, I couldn't be more pleased. It was a weird script for me, begun as a flight of fancy, looking to explode and exploit the private detective genre I embraced with You Have Killed Me. Dan came on pretty far into the process and became an immediate partner. We quickly discovered we spoke the same lingo. He got where I was coming from, and at times was probably too exacting in translating the vision I had tried to communicate. He nailed it each and every time.

I'm super excited for this book to enter the world. I went to Office Max and made a bound copy for myself today, because I want to sit with it and read it, too.

Chapter 1 can't come fast enough...

Current Soundtrack: My Chemical Romance, Conventional Weapons #5; Trentemoller, "Miss You;" A$AP Rocky, "F**kin' Problems"



e-mail = golightly at confessions123.com * Midi-Confessions123 * Criterion Confessions * Last FM * GoodReads * The Blog Roll [old version] * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon

All text (c) 2013 Jamie S. Rich

No comments: