A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Friday, September 19, 2003

SOMETIMES, I WALK SIDEWAYS

I started writing the comic strip to be drawn by the Comic Book Idol winner today. Lost In Translation put me in the mood to do something romantic, and I initially thought of doing something that was done in one go, sort of like Adrian Tomine’s one-page strips in Optic Nerve. The idea has grown a bit, though, and now it’s going to be three parts. The first could stand alone, and the third likely will be able to, as well. #2 looks like it’s going to be a transition piece. I wrote the first part out already (and were it a page, as opposed to an open format online comic, it would be rather cramped at 11 panels), and will likely work it out as I go. I don’t exactly know how it will end yet.

Current Soundtrack: Jesus & Mary Chain, The Complete John Peel Sessions

cut_my_hair@hotmail.com


No comments: