A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Thursday, September 25, 2003

YOU SHOULD BE BLUDGEONED IN YOUR BED

ACTUALLY CHEERY EDITOR [answers phone]: Oni Press.

DICKHEAD CALLER: Yeah, who do I talk to about printing a comic?

ACE [realizing this call is about to go nowhere]: What do you mean?

DC: Like, what are your minimum numbers for printing a comic?

ACE: I'm sorry, we're not a printing plant, we're a publisher.

DC: Okay, what kind of orders do you need to print a comic?

ACE: Well, it doesn't work like that. We publish comics. We choose what we publish, then we market and package them and put them out.

DC: So how do I get you to print my comic?

ACE: Well, you don't. We're not a printer. And we currently have a large creative pool we are publishing from, so we aren't looking for new people.

DC: Okay...fuck off. [hangs up]

ACE: Son of a bitch...

[ACE dials *69. The number is local.]

DC [answering, but not speaking]: ...

ACE: Hello?

DC: ...

ACE: Oh, is that the way it is? You're going to play it chickenshit? You tell someone to fuck off and then don't have the guts to talk to them?

DC: [click]

*

I actually got a lot of work done last weekend and turned in volume 3 of Ai Yori Aoshi on Monday night, despite it not being due until tomorrow. Volume 1 is in the new Diamond Previews, meaning it should be coming out in January.

I have not yet written the rest of my strip for Patrick Scherberger to draw, but he has turned in half the thumbnails for the first part and he's nailing it. I'm very happy. Hopefully, I'll finish it all up this weekend. I also am working on another long music review post for here, and I should post it tomorrow if all goes well.

Current Soundtrack: Placebo, Sleeping With Ghosts bonus disc (all cover songs, including Kate Bush, T.Rex, The Pixies, The Smiths, and more)

cut_my_hair@hotmail.com


No comments: