NEW IN THEATRES...
* Looper, starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt as a time-bending hitman. From the director of Brick and The Brothers Bloom.
UPDATED TO CRITERION CONFESSIONS...
* Le visiteurs du soir, the devilish 1942 medieval fantasy from Marcel Carne.
THIS WEEK IN BD/DVD REVIEWS...
* The Dark Mirror, a psychological thriller from Robert Siodmak, starring Olivia De Havilland as twins, one of whom may be a murderer.
* Man-Trap, a post-noir love triangle gone wrong.
I don't think that's director Edmond O'Brien, so is that just some crazy dude that wandered onto the set?
* My Son John, Leo McCarey's 1952 propaganda drama. "Mama, I think our boy may be a Commie."
* The Salt of Life, another charming slice of Italian life from the director of Mid-August Lunch.
* Windjammer: The Voyage of the Christian Radich, a fluffy 1958 documentary noted for its use of the Cinerama widescreen format--which the Blu-Ray does an awesome job replicating.
Current Soundtrack: No Doubt, Push and Shove
e-mail = golightly at confessions123.com * Midi-Confessions123 * Criterion Confessions * Last FM * GoodReads * The Blog Roll [old version] * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon
All text (c) 2012 Jamie S. Rich