A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Friday, April 12, 2013

IT STARTS AND ENDS WITH YOU

IT GIRL & THE ATOMICS #12
story JAMIE S. RICH
art CHYNNA CLUGSTON FLORES, MIKE NORTON, NATALIE NOURIGAT
cover MICHAEL & LAURA ALLRED 
JULY 17
32 PAGES / FC / E
$2.99
“STOP AS YOU MEANT TO GO ON”--SERIES FINALE!
All the ATOMICS artists return for a triptych of international superspies, dopey costumed villains, and mummy attacks. Rights will be wronged, relationships repaired, and seriously, it’s going to be one heck of a party!



Yes, you read that right. We're wrapping up the first It Girl and the Atomics series with #12. There were a number of factors contributing to the decision, but it was the right one to make and the right time to do it. Hopefully the twelve issues we did will stand strong as a complete series whether I ever make it back to do more or not. (I have a few ideas for stories, but it will all be a matter of timing.) I wrote #12 special to cap off everything that had come before, which is why I corralled all the artists from the series to give it one more go.

I am really proud of how It Girl and the Atomics turned out. I am proud of shipping a full year of monthly comics on time and not just maintaining the quality, but I'd like to think improving issue to issue. As a writer, I was blessed to work with some exceptional people. Mike Norton, Chynna Clugston Flores, and Natalie Nourigat--you can't ask for a better line-up of artists than that. And Allen Passalaqua, Crank!, and the Allreds, the foundation every issue was built on.

Image Comics have also been awesome and supportive and continue to be so. Expect more collaborations between myself and Image in the future. This door is closed, but we're opening up a couple of windows.

The funny thing is, this all got decided just as I felt the book took a real upswing in terms of critical and reader reaction. We got much love all along, and for that I am grateful, and to those who threw so many kind words our way, you made me very happy. Special mention to Multiversity, who wrote a real nice piece this morning when they found out about our forthcoming conclusion.

Anyway, it's not as if it's done yet. It Girl and the Atomics #9 is going to be in stores this coming Wednesday, and we're just about to put #10 to bed. The journey has a few more miles to go before we get there, so stick around!

Current Soundtrack: Logo feat. eLBee Bad, "Give Mo Luv;" Edwyn Collins, "Dilemna"








1 comment:

Unknown said...

One of the best comics in 2012 and I'm sad to see it go. Great job and thanks for the awesome ride.