THIS WEEK IN THEATRES...
* Trance, wherein Danny Boyle uses Rosario Dawson's private parts to try to hypnotize you into believing that he's not just pulling the same old bullshit.
* Indie and Art house for the Oregonian: the environmental documentary Trashed, featuring the very serious face of Jeremy Irons; Elliott Gould and Christopher Plummer in weird and grisly The Silent Partner; and, hey, another environmental disaster in the schlocky 100 Degress Below Zero.
UPDATED TO CRITERION CONFESSIONS...
* The Importance of Being Earnest, a vintage 1950s adaptation of Oscar Wilde.
THIS WEEK IN BD/DVD REVIEWS...
* The Devil and Miss Jones, a delightful class comedy from 1941, starring the wonderful Jean Arthur.
* A Message to Garcia, a poor presentation of an otherwise decent early Barbara Stanwyck vehicle.
* Tatsumi, the animated biography of influential manga creator Yoshihiro Tatsumi
Current Soundtrack: Bonobo, "Don't Wait;" Lady, self-titled
e-mail = golightly at confessions123.com * Midi-Confessions123 * Criterion Confessions * Last FM * GoodReads * The Blog Roll [old version] * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon
All text (c) 2013 Jamie S. Rich