A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Saturday, September 03, 2005

PEOPLE JUST AIN'T NO GOOD (humorous edition)

OVERHEARD DIALOGUE:
Girl: He's in love. I'm just there.
Guy: That's horrible.
Girl: No, it's not. We have an agreement.
Guy: How long have you been together?
Girl: Three years.

These were employees in a Starbucks embedded in a supermarket. From here, they proceeded to talk to the girl about how pathetic she found said boyfriend, her excitement of going to see Nine Inch Nails, and then her age, which she refused to divulge, instead making her co-workers who were much younger than her guess. She was the ripe old age of 27. I was tempted to walk over there and tell her, "You're the reason men hate women." But at least twice during the conversation (I was looking at magazines), I looked in her direction with disgust and she saw me, so I think I got my message across. (And don't freak out. Women rule.)

I also saw the greatest name for an apartment complex ever. It was out front, a white sign with big pink letters that said, "UNTHANKFUL PLAZA." The building didn't look that bad, but apparently it houses a bunch of ingrates.

Current Soundtrack: Nas feat. Quan, "Just Another Moment (Remix);" JJ72, "Coming Home (Mix by Joe Barres)/Take From Me"

Current Mood: you gotta be kidding

golightly@confessions123.com * The Website * Live Journal Syndication



[to leave comments, click on the time-stamp below, then scroll down on the new page] – All text (c) 2005 Jamie S. Rich

No comments: