A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

"WHY IS THIS MY LIFE?" IS ALMOST EVERYBODY'S QUESTION

If it's been quiet, it's because I've been busy.

Over the last couple of days, Joëlle turned in over 3/4 of 12 Reasons Why I Love Her and the lettering has begun. I also spent today preparing a mailing to retailers using a list Oni gave me and personally stuffed over 100 envelopes.

The perfect day to do this kind of work is the day I got my hands on the first several episodes of the second season of Weeds. I really love this show. Two episodes into the new lot and things are really getting good. There was no ambling around, easing us back in the way a lot of shows do. The writers started shaking up the contents almost immediately. And Mary Louise-Parker is scary cute.

Anyway, the Joëlle pages are also scary cute, and filthy gorgeous, and whatever other double adjective you can come up with. I can't wait to start showing them around.

Oni has all the elements of Love the Way You Love vol. 2, this while I am banging around on the script for vol. 4. In the area of 4s, just turned in the fourth volume of the manwha Cynical Orange, and I'm waiting on the script for the third Hissing, which is due Saturday.

I'm a quarter into the mammoth Charles Bukowski Tapes. I am due to post my review of Factotum on Thursday, and I'd like to get them up together.

Picked up some printed copies of Have You Seen the Horizon Lately? yesterday, so I can get feedback from my regular sewing circle. I'm also in the middle of two interviews and waiting for a third to start.

So, yes, very busy. If I had more thoughts, I would post them, but alas, I can spare none.

Currently Reading: A Gun For Sale by Graham Greene

Current Soundtrack: Gnarls Barkley, St. Elsewhere (And both Joëlle and Ian Shaughnessy told me yesterday I have to get the old Cee-Lo solo album. Coincidence? His fun song for Snakes on a Plane is probably going to be the only good thing about the movie, though I'll likely never find out for myself.)


Current Mood: intimidated

golightly@confessions123.com * The Website * Live Journal Syndication * My Corporate-Owned Space * The Blog Roll * "Can You Picture That?" * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon

[to leave comments, click on the time-stamp below, then scroll down on the new page] – All text (c) 2006 Jamie S. Rich

No comments: