A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Monday, May 14, 2007

AND YOU STOP DANCING...

So, the dance lessons are done. I'm not going to make it in today. In addition to all the reasons I listed last week, I've been feeling pretty behind the eight ball lately and have been trying to get back on track with my stuff. Today I found out that I had neglected to add a Tokyopop deadline to my calendar and the script for Pearl Pink vol. 4 is due next Monday, and that was kind of the last straw. Something had to go, so the thing that makes me anxious and isn't much fun for me anyway seemed like the easiest cut.

I still want to learn how to dance, but like I said in last week's entry, I think I need to find a different kind of program that works for me, or at the very least, someone to do it with me so I can get more practice in. I'm not athletically coordinated enough to go once a week and pick it up. It's just not going to happen. I'm glad I tried, though. Live and learn.

Truthfully, I don't think you're missing out on any comedy by me cutting out early. Short of me falling through a plate glass window or putting some girl in the hospital, the funny in the lessons themselves seems like it's all been found. The good stuff last week all happened before class. Had I not spilled my bourbon, there'd have been no slapstick at all.

Current Soundtrack: theaudience, theaudience


Current Mood: busy

e-mail = golightly at confessions123.com * The Website * Live Journal Syndication * My Corporate-Owned Space * ComicSpace * The Blog Roll * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon

All text (c) 2007 Jamie S. Rich

1 comment:

Maryanne said...

I'd suggest (since you didn't ask) a class you can take with a partner, where you stay with that partner the whole time. It seems like, by rotating through partners, you just kept having to reinvent the wheel every 5 minutes as you had to adjust to a new person's quirks instead of build off of what you'd figured out. (And they had to adjust to yours.)

Even if you didn't practice with your partner during the rest of the week, I'd think just the factor of working with them for a whole lesson would do wonders. Besides, then you wouldn't have the additional stress of having to dance with a bunch of people you don't know and aren't comfortable with. I hope you try it again under more favorable conditions. I wanna see you cut a rug!