A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Wednesday, May 05, 2004

THE MATINEE IS MINE

One of the fun things about working in the video store is that we have to pick five movies each month that will be our personal recommendations to our customers. And since we all know how much I like to share my opinions, it's particularly easy for me. My May picks are:

*Absolute Beginners, dir. Julien Temple

*Charade, dir. Stanley Donen, starring Audrey Hepburn

*The Cranes Are Flying, dir. Mikhail Kalatozov

*Happenstance, featuring Audrey Tautou

*Heaven, dir. Tom Tykwer from a script by Kiewslowski, starring Cate Blanchett

There is only a loose theme there. I tried to go with stuff that was somewhat romantic. Last month, I went with contentious couples:

*In The Mood For Love, dir. Wong Kar-Wai

*La Notte, dir. Michelangelo Antonioni, starring Jeanne Moreau

*Quartet, dir. James Ivory

*Scenes From a Marriage, dir. Ingmar Bergman

*Two For The Road, dir. Stanley Donen, starring Audrey Hepburn



Current Soundtrack: The Roots of Tommy, a compilation of Who influences from Uncut magazine

golightly@confessions123.com * The Website

No comments: