A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Friday, June 17, 2005

WHAT ONCE BURNED SO BRIGHTLY IS ALL BUT SMOKE IN THE AIR

This has been one of the most up-and-down weeks of recent memory. Rejection, rejection, rejection, definitely, definitely maybe, maybe.

A friend who is doing my astrological chart says that early signs point to me being the uber-Gemini. In the Chinese zodiac, I was born in the Year of the Rat. I say if you combine those two in Breakfast At Tiffany's terms, I am both rat and super rat.

And what I'm really loving right now is:



The title makes it self-explanatory. Nine videos featuing the Tindersticks. The best are the big band version of "Rented Rooms," moving from black-and-white to Vegas techinicolor; the dual image melancholy of "Can Our Love..."; and the sweet romance of "Sometimes It Hurts." The director clearly understands the band and their understated image. All of the clips have great atmosphere and mesh well with the music. Great singles from a truly great band.

Current Soundtrack: The Clint Boon Experience w/Fran Healy, "Do What You Do (Earworm Song);" Tindersticks, "Sometimes It Hurts/My Autumn's Done Come;" The Concretes, "You Can't Hurry Love"


Current Mood: faye

golightly@confessions123.com * The Website



[to leave comments, click on the time-stamp below, then scroll down on the new page] – All text (c) 2005 Jamie S. Rich

No comments: