A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Friday, November 25, 2005

ALL YOU DO IS SIGH

I couldn't find these lyrics the other day, and by random chance I just located them on an Aztec Camera site. There was a live duet between Roddy Frame and Edwyn Collins on the B-sides of "Good Morning Britain."

"Consolation Prize"
Words and music by Edwyn Collins


A thousand violins will play for you
While you set and roll your deep blue eyes
A thousand to win
A thousand you lose
But I'll be your consolation prize
All you do is sigh

I wore my fringe like Roger McGuinn's
I wore it hoping to impress
So frightfully camp, it made you laugh
Tomorrow I'll buy myself a dress
How ludicrous

I don't mean to pry
But didn't that guy
Crumple up your face a thousand times?
He made you cry

I'll be your consolation prize
Although
I know
I'll never be man enough for you
I'll never be man enough for you
I'll never be man enough for you

Current Soundtrack: Marion & Ballroom

Current Mood: uncomfortable

golightly@confessions123.com * The Website * Live Journal Syndication



[to leave comments, click on the time-stamp below, then scroll down on the new page] – All text (c) 2005 Jamie S. Rich

No comments: