A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Monday, March 24, 2008

I HEAR THE DRIZZLE OF THE RAIN, LIKE A MEMORY IT FALLS

As promised, my writing list for BP & MJ, the tracks that helped get me in the mood.

1. Garbage - "You Look So Fine"
2. The Housemartins - "Johannesburg"
3. The Starlight Mints - "Valerie Flames"
4. Rihanna - "Question Existing"*
5. Spice Girls - "Too Much"
6. Echo & the Bunnymen - "Everything Kills You"
7. Amy Winehouse - "Love is a Losing Game (Original Demo)"
8. Rihanna - "Good Girl Gone Bad"
9. Camera Obscura - "I Love How You Love Me"
10. Emilie Simon - "Flowers"
11. Simon & Garfunkel - "America"
12. Simon & Garfunkel - "Kathy's Song"**
13. Bernard Butler - "Everyone I Know is Falling Apart"
14. Pulp - "Like a Friend"
15. Candie Payne - "No Other"
16. Bob Dylan - "Death is Not the End"
17. St. Famous - "We are All Broken"
18. The Paris Sisters - "I Love How You Love Me"
19. Spice Girls - "Viva Forever"
20. Garbage - "You Look So Fine (Fun Lovin' Criminals Mix)"
21. Lavender Diamond - "Oh No"***

* I love that title. It's like, the question exists and you question existence both.
** Yes, this makes just about every mix of mine, doesn't it?
*** This was added at the very end. Almost like typing "The End."

Divine from that what you will. I think you might notice some thematic parallels, if not musical ones, in the list for This World and Body. Fair indicators of where things are going for me.

Current Soundtrack: shuffle-up on Prince, Charlie Parker, Kylie Minogue, George Michael

No comments: