A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Monday, March 15, 2010

BIG GIRLS, BIG JOYS, BIG TOYS, I GOT YOU COVERED

Back from a very successful Emerald City Comic Con. Thanks to everyone who came by. We sold a lot of books and did a lot of chatting. Joëlle did some wicked sketches, too. If anyone got any drawings for her and you end up scanning them, please send me a copy.

While we were gone, Tom Spurgeon ran my Five for Friday suggestion. I had totally forgotten about it, I forget when I submitted it.

"Based on the Penguin line of Literary Reprints, Pick Five Works of Literature and Who Should Design the Covers for Them."

My suggestions:

1. Lolita, Vladimir Nabokov -- Junko Mizuno
2. Setting Sun, Osamu Dazai -- Sara Pichelli
3. The Pursuit of Love, Nancy Mitford -- Chynna Clugston
4. Breakfast at Tiffany's, Truman Capote -- Tonci Zonjic
5. Tender is the Night, F. Scott Fitzgerald -- Joelle Jones

You can read the results from everyone here.

Current Soundtrack: Little Dragon, Little Dragon

No comments: