NEW IN THEATRES...
* I'm Still Here, Joaquin Phoenix takes one to the face.
The stunt goes off in Portland at Cinema 21 this week.
UPDATED TO CRITERION CONFESSIONS...
* La Haine, Mathieu Kassovitz employs a striking cinematic style to show us tension in the French ghetto in the mid-90s.
THIS WEEK IN DVD REVIEWS...
* Ajami, called the Israeli Pulp Fiction by some, its narrative acrobatics left me a little cold.
* Bill Maher: But I'm Not Wrong, the latest stand-up special from the lefty comedian.
* The Exploding Girl, a quiet peek into the life of one girl. Starring Zoe Kazan in a career-making performance.
* Leonard Cohen - Bird On a Wire, the "lost" chronicle of the bard's 1972 concert tour has been found, and it's essential viewing.
* None but the Lonely Heart, an edgy Cary Grant performance makes this Clifford Odets production.
* The Secret in Their Eyes, the literary thriller took this year's Foreign Language Oscar for Argentina, and it's still good on DVD.
* Shirin, a fascinating experiment from Iranian director Abbas Kiarostami turns the moviegoing experience around on the audience.
Current Soundtrack: MTV. It sucks.
e-mail = golightly at confessions123.com * Criterion Confessions * Live Journal Syndication * My Corporate-Owned Space * ComicSpace * Last FM * GoodReads * The Blog Roll [old version] * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon
All text (c) 2010 Jamie S. Rich