A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Sunday, January 02, 2011

HIGHWAY 2010 REVISITED

* The fine folks over at Robot 6 have posed their annual year-end roundtable, asking different comics professionals what they thought of the past year, and also what we are doing next year. I joined in, praising some books, being stealthily incendiary about other stuff, and then plugging what I have coming over the next couple of years.

Read over the whole thing here.

The only mentions that may be "news" come in my last paragraph.

"Not much else is scheduled to be out from me in the immediate future. I have two Oni projects approved and they have artists attached, including one I’ve teased about on my blog that I created with Natalie Nourigat. The other is with an awesome artist named Dan Christensen that Oni brought to my attention. That news will likely be winnowing its way out as we have more artwork to show. They are both right in line with the kind of stories people like from me, but they also go in whole new territories, they won’t just be the same old thing. I want to keep surprising my readers–and myself! That should mean an even bigger 2012!"




* The DVD Talk crew have posted their picks of the best DVDs and Blu-Rays for the year, as well. It's a pretty good list, with some surprises and other not-so-surprises. I am not even sure there was a contest for what would win--Edgar Wright had it pretty well sewed up.

The full list of the Top Discs of 2010 here.

For anyone who keeps track of such things, I wrote the blurbs for the Alien Anthology, America Lost and Found: The BBS Story, Red Riding Trilogy, Roberto Rossellini's War Trilogy, and 3 Silent Classics By Josef Von Sternberg.

Current Soundtrack: Bob Dylan, Highway 61 Revisited

No comments: