* Bill W., a documentary about the man behind Alcoholics Anonymous
* Chicken with Plums, Vincent Paronnaud and Marjane Satrapi's disappointing follow-up to Persepolis.
UPDATED TO CRITERION CONFESSIONS...
* Eating Raoul, the cult comedy of the 1980s is a tepid retro pick for the 2010s. (Also posted at DVD Talk.)
* Women of the Night, Kenji Mizoguchi's tragedy of post-War Japan.
THIS WEEK IN BD/DVD REVIEWS...
* Bird of Paradise, a pre-Code picture from King Vidor, indulging in island fantasy cliches.
* Black Sunday, Mario Bava's 1960 horror debut is spooky and sexy.
* Cinderella, Disney's animated fairy tale comes to Blu-Ray. It looks marvelous, even if it is one of the studio's more middling efforts.
Current Soundtrack: Extended versions of Prince & the Revolution songs
e-mail = golightly at confessions123.com * Midi-Confessions123 * Criterion Confessions * Last FM * GoodReads * The Blog Roll [old version] * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon
All text (c) 2012 Jamie S. Rich