A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

JULY, JULY

Your 2006 Summer Anthem Is

Crazy by Gnarls Barkley

"I remember when, I remember, I remember when I lost my mind
There was something so pleasant about that phase
Even your emotions had an echo
In so much space"


More movie reviews at DVDTalk.com:

* Anxious Animation, a collection of shorts by four different animators

* Last Quarter, a fair adaptation of an Ai Yazawa manga starring Chiaki Kuriyama (Gogo from Kill Bill) and J-rock star Hyde.



Trilogy Video Picks:

This month, a wide range of intelligent potboilers with some shades of noir.

* Dark Passage, starring Humphrey Bogart & Lauren Bacall

* The Grifters, starring John Cusack, Ajelica Huston, and Annette Benning, dir. Stephen Frears from a novel by Jim Thompson

* Murder, My Sweet, a Philip Marlowe mystery from the books of Raymond Chandler, starring Dick Powell; dir. Edward Dmytryk

* Odd Man Out, starring James Mason, dir. Carol Reed

* Story of a Love Affair, dir. Michelangelo Antonioni



Current Soundtrack: Stuart A. Staples, Leaving Songs

Current Mood: on edge

golightly@confessions123.com * The Website * Live Journal Syndication * My Corporate-Owned Space * The Blog Roll * "Can You Picture That?" * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon

[to leave comments, click on the time-stamp below, then scroll down on the new page] – All text (c) 2006 Jamie S. Rich

No comments: