NEW IN THEATRES...
* Valhalla Rising, a dream-like story of Vikings in the new world, directed by Nicolas Winding Refn, the guy who brought us Bronson. I liked it, but kind of can't figure out why. Playing Portland at Cinema 21 this week.
UPDATED TO CRITERION CONFESSIONS...
* L'enfance nue, a compelling story of a boy struggling through French foster care, circa 1968. From director Maurice Pialat.
THIS WEEK IN DVD REVIEWS...
* Burning Paradise, Ringo Lam's dark martial arts fantasy from the mid-'90s.
* Temple Grandin, Claire Danes shines in this inspiring biopic of a woman with autism who revolutionized how we take care of beef cattle.
* Wolverine & the X-Men: Final Crisis Trilogy, the last volume in the fun cartoon series.
Current Soundtrack: Emmanuelle Seigner, Dingue
e-mail = golightly at confessions123.com * Criterion Confessions * Live Journal Syndication * My Corporate-Owned Space * ComicSpace * Last FM * GoodReads * The Blog Roll [old version] * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon
All text (c) 2010 Jamie S. Rich