NEW IN THEATRES...
* The Adventures of Tintin, a surprisingly fun 3D adventure from Steven Spielberg with all the appropriate nods to Hergé.
* The Artist, a loving and entirely accurate tribute to the silent era of cinema.
* A Dangerous Method, Jung and Freud meet David Cronenberg.
* We Bought a Zoo, an effective new feature from Cameron Crowe...but is it any good?
THIS WEEK IN DVD/BD REVIEWS...
* The Birth of a Nation: Deluxe 3-Disc Edition, D.W. Griffith's historically inaccurate epic is an important piece of cinema, but that doesn't stop it from being racist and boring.
* Nothing Sacred, a slight bit of entertainment from 1937, directed by William Wellmen and starring Carole Lombard and Frederic March.
Current Soundtrack: Drowned in Sound's Top 120 Singles of 2011 list on Spotify
e-mail = golightly at confessions123.com * Midi-Confessions123 * Criterion Confessions * Live Journal Syndication * ComicSpace * Last FM * GoodReads * The Blog Roll [old version] * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon
All text (c) 2011 Jamie S. Rich