A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

MAKE SOME NOISE: 2011 MUSIC

This year's music for me was dominated by reissues and reunions, if my LastFM scrobble list is anything to go by.

My top 15 bands, judged by the amount of listens from January 1 to December 31, 2011 are as follows:

1. Suede
2. Nicki Minaj
3. Radiohead
4. Brett Anderson
5. Elbow
6. Asobi Seksu
7. Morrissey
8. Beastie Boys
9. Alex Turner
10. Christina Perri
11. Duran Duran
12. Pet Shop Boys
13. Duffy
14. The Raveonettes
15. Arctic Monkeys
16. The Beatles
17. Underworld
18. DJ Shadow
19. Low
20. The Horrors

The Suede posting was definitely the double-disc reissues of all five of their albums, while the Duran Duran listing was a combo of All You Need is Now being released and getting my hands on their double-disc reissues for the early albums, as well. Morrissey flooded the market with compilations and dredged-up rarities, and The Beatles had the Anthology series come out again. New efforts from both the Beastie Boys and Pet Shop Boys also sent me into their back catalogue a little.

Alex Turner gets a special note since the Submarine EP was just an EP, and so it took more dedicatied listening on my part to get those numbers. If it came down to it, that soundtrack would easily be my album of the year, and "Piledriver Waltz" was my favorite song. It showed up in a different form on the Arctic Monkeys album Suck It and See, which narrowly missed this list, giving Turner another boost.

I quite like this solo performance of the song from French radio:




Other notable songs in terms of how many times they got spun around here (a couple obvious holdovers from 2010):

Elbow - "The Night Will Always Win"
Christina Perri - "Jar of Hearts"
Brett Anderson - "Brittle Heart"
Kanye West, Rick Ross, Jay-Z, & Nicki Minaj - "Monster"
Nicki Minaj - "Right Thru Me"
Asobi Seksu - "Trails"
Beastie Boys - "Make Some Noise"
Mogwai - "Rano Pano"
Duffy - "My Boy"
Beady Eye - "Four Letter Word"
The Strokes - "Under Cover of Darness"
The Horrors - "Still Life"
The Joy Formidable - "Austere"
Little Dragon - "Ritual Union"
Desire - "Under Your Spell"
Miles Kane - "Come Closer"
Cults - "You Know What I Mean"




3 comments:

dag said...

Great music selection. I've been listening to these tunes since you posted. Thanks!

Black Min said...

Popular ringtone in 2018
Hi everybody
Today I will share with everyone is music. Music is fun. Fun music. Music brings me sanity. I'm going on the music road. That is Ringtone. Free ringtones for people around the world. These are vibrant tunes that you can reference and install:

download Dil Meri Na Sune ringtone mp3
download Maa Ka Phone Aaya ringtone mp3
download Desi Desi Na Bolya Kar Chori Re ringtone mp3
download Dil Meri Na Sune ringtone mp3
download Dil Meri Na Sune ringtone mp3

You can leave a review for me, it helps me improve the ringtone more to do a new look for the world of ringtones. Visit my homepage to find more ringtones: https://ringtonedownload.in/
Thank you!

Sophie Grace said...

You have outdone yourself this time. It is probably the best, most short step by step guide that I have ever seen. Please search instastalker to discover nice photos and videos on instagram.