NEW IN THEATRES...
* The Descendants, George Clooney starring in a new film from Alexander Payne.
* Into the Abyss, Werner Herzog's documentary on the death penalty in Texas. Very human, very scary.
* Melancholia, Kirsten Dunst at the end of the world, courtesy of Lars von Trier.
UPDATED TO CRITERION CONFESSIONS...
* Aki Kaurismaki's Leningrad Cowboys, a boxed set of some late '80s/early '90s rock movies stuck in time. (Also at DVD Talk.)
* Elephant Boy, my first review of the movies from the Eclipse set starring Indian child actor Sabu.
* Fanny & Alexander, Ingmar Bergman's semi-autobiographical classic about two children in early-20th-Century Sweden. It should be a holiday classic. (Also at DVD Talk.)
THIS WEEK IN DVD/BD REVIEWS...
* Miss Nobody, an indie black comedy starring Leslie Bibb.
* My Fair Lady, another Audrey Hepburn movie comes to Blu-Ray. (What is that? Three now? Hurry up, Hollywood!)
* The White Bus, a short film written by the recently deceased Shelagh Delaney and directed by Lindsay Anderson.
Current Soundtrack: I had given up on The Office, but come on, Maura Tierney is guest starring.
e-mail = golightly at confessions123.com * Midi-Confessions123 * Criterion Confessions * Live Journal Syndication * ComicSpace * Last FM * GoodReads * The Blog Roll [old version] * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon
All text (c) 2011 Jamie S. Rich