A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006


I reached another milestone in my writing career last week. Last Tuesday, the day after I returned from Comic-Con, I went to Trilogy and gave my two-weeks notice. As of next week, I will be a full-time writer, completely supporting myself with words. It's a pretty big deal for me, and I hope to make it last without becoming one of those desperate freelance types that's always on the prowl for something new. I have some pretty regular clients, and my hope is that kind of work will continue for me.

So, it is with that in mind I present to you my final employee picks. This month: Asian arthouse.

* 3-Iron, dir. Kim Ki-Duk

* All About Lily Chou-Chou, dir. Shuji Iwai

* The Bad Sleep Well, starring Toshiro Mifune, dir. Akira Kurosawa

* Cafe Lumiere, dir. Hsiao-hsien Hou

* Chungking Express, starring Faye Wong and Tony Leung, dir. Wong Kar-Wai

Current Soundtrack: James Dean Bradfield, The Great Western

Current Mood: accomplished

golightly@confessions123.com * The Website * Live Journal Syndication * My Corporate-Owned Space * The Blog Roll * "Can You Picture That?" * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon

[to leave comments, click on the time-stamp below, then scroll down on the new page] – All text (c) 2006 Jamie S. Rich


Greg McElhatton said...

Wow, congratulations! That's a huge step but I know it'll pay off for you...

Chris Arrant said...

Congratulations, Jamie! Living the dream. I guess now you can pretty much throw out your alarm clock and work your own hours?

Jamie S. Rich said...

Thanks, guys. Though today there are rumors that my main editor at Tokyopop is leaving the company--so, I may have just jinxed myself. :)

neal s said...

Hot! Good luck, man.