A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Wednesday, May 02, 2012

FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2012!

You guys excited for Free Comic Book Day this year? I know I am, because I have material in two different comics.

First, Oni Press has Yo Gabba Gabba! Free Comic Book Time, which leads with the story I wrote and Mike Allred drew for their Yo Gabba Gabba anthology.

This is what the cover looks like:



There are lots of great folks in this comic.

From the hit Nickelodeon show! Come join your Gabba Land pals Muno, Foofa, Brobee, Toodee, Plex, and of course DJ Lance Rock for a series of fun-filled adventures! Plus, an awesome Super Martian Robot Girl tale, too! 
Writers: Jamie S. Rich, Kali Fontecchio, Frank Pittarese, Evan Dorkin, & Sarah Dyer 
Artists: Michael Allred, Kali Fontecchio, Jarrett Williams, & Evan Dorkin, with Han Allred, Rico Renzi, & Sarah Dyer

So, even if you think I suck, you will have plenty of other folks to hang out with at the party.

Likewise, the Image Comics Free Comic Book Day sampler has a bunch of sneak peeks, including new work by Scott Morse and Steve Niles, Revival by Tim Seeley and Mike Norton, and also four pages of It Girl and the Atomics, which Norton drew from my script. And, of course, the characters were created by Mike Allred.

Here is the cover, and you can also read the preview at CBR:



That picture of It Girl on the cover is also taken from the interiors of #1.

Ironically, this is the first year that I have material in any FCBD releases and also the first year I have no plans to be anywhere for it. We were going to set up a signing, but it never came together. You can see Joëlle Jones at Cosmic Monkey, however. Make her sign my comics, or more likely hear her call me a jackass. (It took her less than half an hour at Stumptown.)


Current Soundtrack: DJ Shadow on Turntable.FM

No comments: