THIS WEEK IN THEATRES...
* Spring Breakers, Harmony Korine's hotly debated, inconsistent subversion of Girls Gone Wild and thug life.
* The We and the I, Michel Gondry's social experiment following a group of Bronx high schoolers on their bus ride home.
* My Oregonian column for 3/22: horror-based documentary My Amityville Horror and war drama The Kill Hole. (Worst title of the year?)
UPDATED TO CRITERION CONFESSIONS...
* Unfaithfully Yours, a Preston Sturges comedy with murder on its mind. (Alternate edition reviewed at DVD Talk.)
THIS WEEK IN BD/DVD REVIEWS...
* China Heavyweight, a documentary following three Chinese boxers on their way up and maybe on their way down.
* College: Ultimate Edition, the latest Buster Keaton reissue is predictably hilarious.
* Killing Them Softly, Andrew Dominik's crime film was my second favorite movie of 2012, and it's even better the second time. Starring Brad Pitt.
* This is Not a Film, the lauded political documentary from Iran turns out to be much ado about nothing.
Current Soundtracks: Short films for next week's Faux Film Festival
e-mail = golightly at confessions123.com * Midi-Confessions123 * Criterion Confessions * Last FM * GoodReads * The Blog Roll [old version] * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon
All text (c) 2013 Jamie S. Rich