A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Monday, April 02, 2007

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE ALL YOUR MONEY

Back from the Emerald City show, and working to meet a deadline to turn in all that I have for Project #3 for myself and Joëlle. I'm pretty exhausted, but that's the soldiering life for you. 55 consecutive pages of comic book script so far, and a handful of unplaced pages from the latter half of the book. It has a title, but for some reason, I don't feel like sharing that yet. It's a completely new thing and anticipated as a 2008/2009 publication.

The show went all right. Not really much to complain about. Going with Joëlle makes it fun. Any experience that you are personally sick of should almost always become interesting again when you are with someone to whom it is new. She still gets excited seeing people in costume, and though there were a few doozies this time around, it's all old hat to me. It's also interesting charting her popularity as more people are becoming aware of her work. There were fans talking to her who had only seen the Fables that came out last week and had no interest in the guy sitting next to her.

My mini book, "Chevelu," did pretty well. I purposely did a healthy print run, though, and so can offer them online now to those who want them. It's a Lance Scott short story that takes place after The Everlasting. Chynna Clugston did the cover. (Some of you may remember that there was supposed to be one short appearing in print last summer when the deleted scenes were released online; this is that short. The magazine was never published and no one ever told me what happened, so I have taken it into my own hands.)



If you would like to purchase a copy of "Chevelu," the price is $3.00 plus $1.00 postage. The way it's formatted, I'll just slap postage on the actual book and address it on the back and send it out. You can use the Paypal button below, or send me an e-mail to golightly(a)confessions123.com for where to send cash or check.

















(If the button isn't working, you can just use my e-mail address to send money. I think I have it fixed now, though.)

Joëlle made far fewer of her sketchbooks and came back with hardly any. They cost $5 and had a color cover. If you are interested in getting this, as well, please inquire before making any payment. I will see what she wants to do once we know what level of demand there might be. I know she was thinking about making more before CAPE, and I will be bringing "Chevelu" with me there and to San Diego, as well.

Retailers who carry minicomics and other such things may also inquire regarding wholesale prices.

Current Soundtrack: LCD Sound System, Sound of Silver; Kaiser Chiefs, Yours Truly, Angry Mob Best Buy edition bonus tracks

Current Mood: beaten

e-mail = golightly at confessions123.com * The Website * Live Journal Syndication * My Corporate-Owned Space * ComicSpace * The Blog Roll * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon

All text (c) 2007 Jamie S. Rich

No comments: