LET THE OLD DREAMS DIE, LET THE WRONG ONES GO
THIS WEEK IN THEATRES...
* Let the Right One In, a Swedish vampire film that really gives the genre a whole new lease on its undead life.
UPDATED TO CRITERION CONFESSIONS...
I fulfilled my goal of one horror movie through October, leading up to Halloween.
* The Blob, a dull teensploitation flick from the 1950s featuring Jell-O as a monster.
* Carnival of Souls, Herk Harvey's moody indie ghost story from 1962.
THIS WEEK IN DVD REVIEWS...
* Six in Paris, an anthology of French New Wave directors tackling different neighborhoods in the City of Light. Produced by Barbet Schroeder, and featuring segments by Rohmer, Chabrol, and Godard.
* Talib Kweli: Live at the Shrine, a concert video from the rapping wordsmith.
Current Soundtrack: Spiritualized, Songs in A&E
e-mail = golightly at confessions123.com * Criterion Confessions * Live Journal Syndication * My Corporate-Owned Space * ComicSpace * Last FM * GoodReads * The Blog Roll * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon
All text (c) 2008 Jamie S. Rich