A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Monday, April 06, 2009

CALENDARS & CLOCKS: Release Dates

Since Popgun, Volume 3 is out this week, I thought it would be a good reminder of when other material is due to be released and give an update on all of my forthcoming summer releases.



The above is from our story in the book, "The Jailhouse Swing." Written by myself, drawn by Joëlle Jones, colored by Laura Allred. Consider it a starter pistol for me returning to the comic book racks. Check the book out this Wednesday, or preview some of it here now.

* This Is A Souvenir: The Songs Of Spearmint & Shirley Lee: Should be out in a matter of weeks. I'd guess about a month from now. Some delays in getting the stories in postponed the book, but last I heard they were all in and the book is at the printer. Two stories written by me, drawn by Natalie Nourigat and Kelley Seda. I've also seen the Chynna Clugston and Marc Ellerby stories, and they are pretty damn awesome. Chynna's should really surprise and impress people who have been hungering for more work from her. She colored it herself and it's some of the most fuckable comics I've ever seen. (Yeah, that's what I said.)

* Okay, not a comics release, but May 7 is Full of Pryde night, and Robot 6 picked up the story with along Joëlle's drawing. I do love Kitty Pryde, I won't lie.

* Madman Atomic Comics #16, featuring "Last Night the Atomics Saved my Life," written by me and drawn by Joëlle, should be on stands sometime in mid to late May.

* Portland Noir is on track, printed and ready to go. As far as I know, the June 1st date is still the right ballpark. Features the story "Gone Doggy Gone" by myself and Joëlle.

* You Have Killed Me, as it turns out, was advance solicited in May for a June release, meaning Oni was asking for orders a month early to better gauge their print run. I missed that fact, something I learned when I was told the following from Randal C. Jarrell, who handles the printing schedules and such at Oni: "We just got a production schedule change from Hong Kong, and they are telling us it will be in stores in July. Unfortunately, we don't have an
exact date yet."

Doug at Oni suggests it will only be a week or two late from its intended 6/24 release date. I'll keep you posted.

I have no date for the 12 Reasons Why I Love Her reprint, but I don't believe it will be affected, as it is not a hardcover and likely printed at a different plant.

Feel free to ask any further questions not covered here in the comments section.

Current Soundtrack: The Verve, Scott Walker, Frank Sinatra ("Ebb Tide"!), Franz Ferdinand, Brett Anderson, Social Distortion

e-mail = golightly at confessions123.com * Criterion Confessions * Live Journal Syndication * My Corporate-Owned Space * ComicSpace * Last FM * GoodReads * The Blog Roll * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon

All text (c) 2009 Jamie S. Rich

2 comments:

mark coale said...

If things go well, I may have the new issue of the magazine, with Joelle's cover and your interview, done just in time for San Diego, since I may go this year.

Jamie S. Rich said...

We're hoping to go to. Kind of depends on how hotels finally shake down.