A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Thursday, November 05, 2009

BECAUSE OF MY POOR EDUCATION



I know it's been quiet, but hey, I told you I was knuckling down and getting to work. In addition to some freelance stuff, I spent the last two weeks focusing on the first draft of the second Spell Checkers volume, which I completed Tuesday night. Nico will be done with volume 1's principal art in a handful of weeks, and we're going to keep rolling right into volume 2.

Next up: burying Kelley Seda in script pages!



IN THEATRES...

* An Education, the Nick Hornby-penned coming-of-age tale makes a real star out of Carey Mulligan. One of my favorite movies of the season.

* The Men Who Stare at Goats has a great cast--George Clooney, Jeff Bridges, Ewan McGregor, Kevin Spacey--but doesn't have a complete script to match.

THIS WEEK IN DVD REVIEWS...

* The Dead, John Huston's final film finally comes to DVD, so why did Lionsgate screw it up so bad? Ten minutes missing? Did you leave it in your horse and buggy? Update: I just got an e-mail from Lionsgate and they are issuing replacements. I've added info to my review in case anyone needs to do a trade-in. Very good news!

* The Who, the Mods and the Quadrophenia Connection, an interesting but ultimately flat look at my favorite Who album.

* Will Ferrell: You're Welcome, America - A Final Night with George W. Bush, a numb satire that seems to want us to think Bush was innocent and stupid rather than destructive and disingenuous. Where were you guys over the last eight years? Certainly not in this country!

Current Soundtrack: The Daily Show, 11/3/09

e-mail = golightly at confessions123.com * Criterion Confessions * Live Journal Syndication * My Corporate-Owned Space * ComicSpace * Last FM * GoodReads * The Blog Roll [old version] * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon

All text (c) 2009 Jamie S. Rich

No comments: