NEW IN THEATRES...
* The Loss of a Teardrop Diamond, the resurrected script from Tennessee Williams raises some questions as to its completion, though Bryce Dallas Howard is mesmerizing.
UPDATED TO CRITERION CONFESSIONS...
* Umberto D., Vittorio De Sica's 1952 tale of an old man and his dog. I bring in personal reminiscences, comic books, whatever floats my boat.
THIS WEEK IN DVD REVIEWS...
* Attraction, Tinto Brass' 1969 exercise in psychedelic over-indulgence. Yawn.
* Big Love: The Complete Third Season, the series about plural marriage chugs along with varying results.
* The Brigitte Bardot Classic Collection, three films of varying quality starring the beautiful icon of French cinema.
* In the Loop, Armando Iannucci's blistering political satire. Peter Capaldi and James Gandolfini let the profanity fly!
* 20th Century Boys 1: Beginning of the End, the first part of three in a live-action adaptation of the Naoki Urasawa manga.
* The Zombies - Odessey and Oracle (Revisited): The 40th Anniversary Concert, the surprisingly potent reunion of one of the most underrated bands of the '60s.
Current Soundtrack: Timbaland, Presents: Shock Value II
e-mail = golightly at confessions123.com * Criterion Confessions * Live Journal Syndication * My Corporate-Owned Space * ComicSpace * Last FM * GoodReads * The Blog Roll [old version] * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon
All text (c) 2010 Jamie S. Rich