A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Saturday, February 04, 2006

WELL, I'M A LUCKY MAN, WITH FIRE IN MY HANDS

Pardon me if I strut a little bit, but I'm feeling like a lucky, lucky boy. I am not sure I can describe to you what it's like to see the scripts I write being drawn. Particularly with both 12 Reasons Why I Love Her and Love the Way You Love, because they were written quite some time ago and have been ladies in waiting...and waiting...and waiting.

But then Joëlle Jones came over today and we went to Kinko's to copy everything she has done on 12 Reasons so far so we can show it to Oni, and I really just wanted to take all the pages and spread them out on the floor and roll around on them, they were so beautiful. I told her I would, too, but she didn't believe me. I guess only myself and the photocopies know the truth.

Similarly, Marc Ellerby has been giving us regular doses of Love the Way You Love. He's having so much fun with it, and giving the material the dazzle it requires.

It's such a pleasure to see someone interpret what you wrote, understand it, and give it the breath of life you hoped it would have.

Like I said, I'm a lucky, lucky boy.

Current Soundtrack: The Decemberists, Picaresque

Current Mood: jubilant

golightly@confessions123.com * The Website * Live Journal Syndication

[to leave comments, click on the time-stamp below, then scroll down on the new page] – All text (c) 2006 Jamie S. Rich

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see these books! : D