A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Friday, November 03, 2006

WHAT'S IN THE BOX? (SEE WHATCHA GOT)

Last night's 12 Reasons Why I Love Her party was a real success. We stayed an hour past our three-hour designated time, and there was always people there. Lots of Joëlle's friends came, and various and sundry from the comic book community, but we also had random traffic. The new location of Floating World Comics is fantastic. It's big and located in a great area. It's a much needed addition to the west side.

A long overdue karaoke session was had after. I think about 8 or so of us went out. Jacq from Top Shelf did great versions of Patsy Cline's "Crazy" and "Be My Baby," and Corey Lewis got down with some Sublime. Joëlle sang "I Just Called to Say I Love You" and "Careless Whispers," but her best was a sultry runthrough of "Fever." I was feeling a little swagger in my identity of Shark Jamie (previous trips to this bar have included times when there were up to three people with the name Jamie, so I was adopting a new identity to distinguish me, and I was inspired by my sharkskin suit), so I went for some Dean Martin ("Sway") and Tom Jones ("I (Who Have Nothing)"). Also, by popular demand, a return of "Beautiful."

Thanks to all who came out. 12 Reasons seems to have a life of its own, and Joëlle and I remain amazed by it. Special thanks to the guy at the end of the night who came up with a special question about I Was Someone Dead. That surprised and tickled me. (Note: follow the Dead link to Amazon if you want to read a well-thought reader reaction to the book that just got posted recently.)

Current Soundtrack: Inside the Actors Studio: Robert Redford


Current Mood: thankful

No comments: