A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

AS I LIVE AND BREATHE

I can't, I don't, I won't stop.

Today I finished the very rough first draft of the script for the graphic novel You Have Killed Me. It still needs some work, a lot of it isn't broken down into page-by-page or even panel-by-panel increments, but since this was an idea that started with a suggestion by Joëlle Jones, part of that is by design so she can have as much input as she desires. There are a couple of dialogue and narration holes, and I may still write a couple of pages for a take-a-breath ending, but for all intents and purposes, the whole book is there, and I'm really happy with how it came together.

Here is a small sample of what it might look like:



You Have Killed Me by Jamie S. Rich & Joëlle Jones, published by Oni Press in October 2007

As if that weren't enough, I got an awesome mock-up of the fourth cover of Love the Way You Love #4 today. I'd show it to you, but Marc Ellerby isn't one to show his sketches, which I respect. We don't ask writers to share their early drafts, so it's only fair. It's going to be pretty awesome. Let's just say Roman Holiday with Lance, Branden, and Eleanore. Which character corresponds with Gregory Peck, Audrey Hepburn, and Eddie Albert is something I'll leave entirely up to your imagination.

Also, Stan Sakai discusses Usagi Yojimbo #100 here. They show some of the art from the book (though none of Andi's), and I love Stan so you should definitely see what he has to say about this anniversary.

By the by, to the comics folks out there, if you're reading McCloud's Making Comics while working on a project, you will see instant practical applications in the next day's tasks. Not conscious, mind you. I never said, "I need to use this rule from page such-and-such," but as I was writing, I realized where his book was informing my decisions, or, at the very least, making me aware of them. I got mine from the library, but I'm going to need to buy a copy to have around.

Current Soundtrack: various from Olivia Tremor Control

Current Mood: accomplished

golightly@confessions123.com * The Website * Live Journal Syndication * My Corporate-Owned Space * The Blog Roll * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon

[to leave comments, click on the time-stamp below, then scroll down on the new page] – All text (c) 2006 Jamie S. Rich

No comments: