A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Friday, January 26, 2007

SONGS THAT WE SING

Man, I've been quiet on here this week. I apologize. I hope to have an important post by the end of the day. In the meantime...



THIS WEEK IN DVD REVIEWS...

* The Alchemy of Art: David Mack, a profile of a truly individualistic comic book creator

* Bob Dylan: Don't Look Back - 65 Tour Deluxe Edition, a cool reissue of the legendary music documentary with books and a new compilation of old footage

* The Dr. Mabuse Collection, a barrel-scraping desecration of Fritz Lang's legacy

* Sherrybaby, a decent movie about a woman struggling to clean up her life made excellent by Maggie Gyllenhaal

* The Trashcan Sinatras: Midnight at the Troubadour, a concert DVD from one of my favorite bands, packed with a ton of bonus tracks

* The Twilight Samurai, a different kind of samurai movie

It's actually been quite a week for the popularity of my reviews. My Bob Dylan review has been the top read item at DVD Talk for the past two days. It's my first #1! And right under it at #2 is my review of the new edition of Brokeback Mountain.

And can I crow a little bit about how awesome I am at pub trivia sometimes? Okay, so my team only got an average score, but it was a tough week, and I'm the only one in the place that could name all five movies that John Cazale performed in before he died. How crazy is it that he was in only five, but all of them were nominated for a Best Picture Oscar?! The guy was Fredo!

Current Workload: script for The Antique Gift Shop vol. 5; proposal for next graphic novel

Currently Reading: Stagger Lee by Derek McCulloch and Shepherd Hendrix

Current Soundtrack: Charlotte Gainsbourg, 5:55

Current Mood: stressed

e-mail = golightly at confessions123.com * The Website * Live Journal Syndication * My Corporate-Owned Space * ComicSpace * The Blog Roll * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon

All text (c) 2007 Jamie S. Rich

4 comments:

Travis said...

You're going to be a Father?!

Jamie S. Rich said...

Molly didn't tell you?

odessasteps said...

godfather
godfather ii
dog day afternoon
deer hunter

and....

Jamie S. Rich said...

The Conversation