SONGS THAT WE SING
Man, I've been quiet on here this week. I apologize. I hope to have an important post by the end of the day. In the meantime...
THIS WEEK IN DVD REVIEWS...
* The Alchemy of Art: David Mack, a profile of a truly individualistic comic book creator
* Bob Dylan: Don't Look Back - 65 Tour Deluxe Edition, a cool reissue of the legendary music documentary with books and a new compilation of old footage
* The Dr. Mabuse Collection, a barrel-scraping desecration of Fritz Lang's legacy
* Sherrybaby, a decent movie about a woman struggling to clean up her life made excellent by Maggie Gyllenhaal
* The Trashcan Sinatras: Midnight at the Troubadour, a concert DVD from one of my favorite bands, packed with a ton of bonus tracks
* The Twilight Samurai, a different kind of samurai movie
It's actually been quite a week for the popularity of my reviews. My Bob Dylan review has been the top read item at DVD Talk for the past two days. It's my first #1! And right under it at #2 is my review of the new edition of Brokeback Mountain.
And can I crow a little bit about how awesome I am at pub trivia sometimes? Okay, so my team only got an average score, but it was a tough week, and I'm the only one in the place that could name all five movies that John Cazale performed in before he died. How crazy is it that he was in only five, but all of them were nominated for a Best Picture Oscar?! The guy was Fredo!
Current Workload: script for The Antique Gift Shop vol. 5; proposal for next graphic novel
Currently Reading: Stagger Lee by Derek McCulloch and Shepherd Hendrix
Current Soundtrack: Charlotte Gainsbourg, 5:55
Current Mood: stressed
All text (c) 2007 Jamie S. Rich