A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

WHAT CONDITION MY CONDITION IS IN

Just a quick update to let everyone know I am on the mend. Beginning yesterday, I was able to start carrying on short conversations. I still had to turn down a very lovely lunch invitation, as I didn't know how long I could maintain and be good company. Just talking on the phone dried out my throat. Even so, nice to be thought of.

Today I am getting pretty close to my original sound and can speak without having to do a phlegm clear first. I've got a cough and some aches, but that's a fine trade-off for not waking up in the middle of the night thinking my airway is closing over and I am going to suffocate. To celebrate, I made a Totino's pizza.

I hestitated even writing about being sick because I didn't want to be one of those whiny guys that falls apart when he has a cold. Yet, I thought I could offer a slightly different perspective on something, and given my inability to express myself, it served its own function. I have been getting some work done, and am in the proofing stage on Freak--which caused me to discover that at some point I had switched files on myself and jumped from my "rewrite" file back to my "translation" file, so I had to do some hunting to find the switch and stitch my work together. Yeesh. I'm also copyediting the first issue of the new Madman Atomic Comics for Mike Allred, which I am very excited about.

Anyway...thanks for bearing with me.

Current Soundtrack: The Lodger, various downloads; recent tracks from Mya

Current Mood: balanced

e-mail = golightly at confessions123.com * The Website * Live Journal Syndication * My Corporate-Owned Space * ComicSpace * The Blog Roll * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon

All text (c) 2007 Jamie S. Rich

1 comment:

Jamie S. Rich said...

Man, I've been sick since last Friday, so it's been a week of soup, juice, and tea, and I've had about all I can stand. A little pizza was in order!