SHAYLA WORKED IN A FACTORY, SHE WASN'T HISTORY
Don't forget, tomorrow Joëlle Jones and I will be at the Portland Comic Book Show. Hit the website for details.
THIS WEEK AT THE THEATRE...
* An Unreasonable Man, an eye-opening documentary about the career of Ralph Nader.
* Factory Girl, a dull biopic about Edie Sedgwick notable for how good Guy Pearce is as Andy Warhol and how bad Hayden Christensen is as Bob Dylan.
I am steeling myself for scads of mail from people with e-mail addresses like "haydenlover16" that will tell me just how stupid I am via very poor grammar and syntax.
THIS WEEK IN DVD REVIEWS...
* Akihabara Geeks, a documentary about obsessive types in Japan's "Electric Town"
* The Arrangement, wherein Elia Kazan gives Kirk Douglas a mid-life crisis, but not before letting him date the 1969-edition of Faye Dunaway (Hello!)
* Bicycle Thieves - Criterion Collection, Vittorio De Sica's Neorealist classic is given a spiffy upgrade by the DVD company I'd most like to marry
* Confetti, an adorable British comedy with Jessica Stevenson and Martin Freeman
Current Soundtrack: Monsieur Gainsbourg Revisited
Current Mood: je t'aime
All text (c) 2007 Jamie S. Rich