BREAKFAST IN BED, DREAMS
THIS WEEK AT THE THEATRE...
* Paprika, a visually beautiful but substantially dull anime
THIS WEEK IN DVD REVIEWS...
* The Good German, Steven Soderbergh's tribute to and demythologizing of classic war romance pictures. I liked it even better the second time around, I must say.
* Off the Black, a surprising indie drama with Nick Nolte
* Tex Avery's Droopy - The Complete Theatrical Collection, fun with 24 cartoons starring everyone's favorite lethargic dog
* Welcome Home, Roxy Carmichael, a Winona Ryder misfire from my youth
It was weird going back to Roxy Carmichael. As I mention in my review (and am still not sure if that was a weird thing for me to do), this was the movie I chose for Mason and Jeane to go see on their date in Cut My Hair. It's a defensible choice, as the theme is still right on and they are at the right age to enjoy it the way I originally did. That doesn't stop it from being disappointing that I didn't like it as much as I remembered.
Current Soundtrack: Dntel, Dumb Luck
Current Mood: indifferent
All text (c) 2007 Jamie S. Rich