THIS WEEK AT THE THEATRE...
* Hairspray, a musical where Travolta is revolting, but the rest is the best, and even a little of John Waters' perverse humor remains intact
* Interview, where Steve Buscemi gets behind a camera and shows us why we should care who Sienna Miller is
* Rescue Dawn, Werner Herzog's dramatic remake of one of his own documentaries, with Christian Bale as a POW on the run in Laos
THIS WEEK IN DVD REVIEWS...
* Kon Ichikawa's 47 Ronin, a staid retelling of the classic Japanese samurai tale
* Les enfants terribles: Criterion Collection, the collision of Jean Cocteau and Jean-Pierre Melville
* Pacino: An Actor's Vision, a collection of three features directed by Al Pacino, with accompanying supplements where the actor explains his art
* The Panic In Needle Park, another Pacino film, bringing back his first major role, where he played a junkie and a crook
Somehow I resisted the urge to compare the shoplifting described in the first paragraph of my review of Les enfants terribles to the shoplifting scene in Breakfast at Tiffany's. Until now!
Current Soundtrack: The Indelicates
Current Mood: restless
e-mail = golightly at confessions123.com * The Website * Live Journal Syndication * My Corporate-Owned Space * ComicSpace * Last FM * GoodReads * The Blog Roll * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon
All text (c) 2007 Jamie S. Rich