A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Monday, March 02, 2009

COMICS ARE ALL AROUND

* Madman Atomic Comics #14 is on sale this week. It features two short stories, one by Mike Allred and the other by Darwyn Cooke & J. Bone.



Joëlle is pencilling our story for #16, which is also in the new Diamond Previews alongside You Have Killed Me. May should be a good month for us. The pages she have done so far are remarkable.

* I really like this page that Natalie Nourigat posted the other day. The construction of it is really swell.



It's from a Virginia Woolf-adaptation/minicomic she plans to have at Stumptown. More details here, here, and everywhere.

* I also really like this panel from a page Nico sent me:



I actually have a near-complete draft of Spell Checkers vol. 1 written now. I just have to write a two or three page epilogue, which I am going to let simmer for a bit, probably until after I've read over what I've already done.

* And I still really want this. I can't help it.

Current Soundtrack: Antony & the Johnsons, "The Rapture;" some Ennio Morricone; Depeche Mode, "Useless;" Elbow, "Any Day Now"

e-mail = golightly at confessions123.com * Criterion Confessions * Live Journal Syndication * My Corporate-Owned Space * ComicSpace * Last FM * GoodReads * The Blog Roll * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon

All text (c) 2009 Jamie S. Rich

No comments: