THIS WEEK IN THEATRES...
* The Great Buck Howard loses a bravura John Malkovich performance in an overly genial script.
* I Love You, Man, a gut-busting bromance with stand-out performances by Jason Segel and Paul Rudd
UPDATED TO CRITERION CONFESSIONS...
Fair warning, I may be late with this week's review. I've got a little bit of a cold and also, the ER review had to take precedence this week.
THIS WEEK IN DVD REVIEWS...
* ER - The Complete Tenth Season, wherein the venerable hospital drama hits the decade mark and keeps chugging.
* Max Fleischer's Gulliver's Travels, the classic cartoon gets a fishy remastering.
* L'Innocente, the final film of Luchino Visconti is a steamy winner.
* Morrissey: From Where He Came to Where He Went, a repackaging of two documentaries about Morrissey and the Smiths.
* The Scarlett Johansson Collection, collecting three more indie-minded movies featuring the actress.
* Travels with Hiroshi Shimizu - Eclipse Series 15, a collection of four wonderful films from the 1930s and '40s by a surprisingly little known Japanese director. (Also at Criterion Confessions.)
Current Soundtrack: The Raveonettes, "Blitzed;" Yeah Yeah Yeahs, "Zero;" Real Time With Bill Maher: Episode #145 Podcast
e-mail = golightly at confessions123.com * Criterion Confessions * Live Journal Syndication * My Corporate-Owned Space * ComicSpace * Last FM * GoodReads * The Blog Roll * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon
All text (c) 2009 Jamie S. Rich