A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Tuesday, October 05, 2010

ICHI-BON #1

One of my all-time favorite Oni Press books is coming back to print and goes on sale this Wednesday. Hopeless Savages: Greatest Hits is a collection of the three miniseries I edited back in the day, all written by Jen Van Meter and featuring art by people as swerval as Christine Norrie, Chynna Clugston, Andi Watson, Ross Campbell, and some kid named Bryan Lee O'Malley. The cover is by the amazing Terry Dodson, and I assume the book will also have the one-shot that came out after I went freelance--which had art by Vera Brosgol and Becky Cloonan!--and ephemera like the Alfred Hitchcock-aping frame I wrote for Christine Norrie to wrap around the third storyline.



This is just the harbinger of great things to come, too! Jen is writing series 4!

So, now is the best time to get caught up on this genius comic. Not familiar with it? Try this five-page teaser.

Then buy it in one of these ways:

* Get it from Jen herself at NYCC this weekend. She and Oni Press should have plenty. Here is her signing schedule.

* Buy it from you local comic book shop. Here is some ordering info that might help them:

Diamond Order Code: JUL101089
ISBN: 978-1-934964-48-4

* Order from Amazon

Current Soundtrack: Dusty Springfield, "Wishin' and Hopin';" Chad & Jeremy, "A Summer Song;" The Fortunes, "You've Got Your Troubles;" The Silkie, "You've Got to Hide Your Love Away;" The Mindbenders, "A Groovy Kind of Love;" The Merseys, "Sorrow"



e-mail = golightly at confessions123.com * Criterion Confessions * Live Journal Syndication * My Corporate-Owned Space * ComicSpace * Last FM * GoodReads * The Blog Roll [old version] * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon

All text (c) 2010 Jamie S. Rich

3 comments:

Little Willow said...

Hi Jamie! I hope you don't mind the lengthy comment, but I couldn't find an email for you here, nor one for Joelle at her blog, and I wanted to make sure that you got the good news:

12 Reasons Why I Love Her has been named a recommended read by readergirlz! We selected it to accompany this month's featured book, Lips Touch by Laini Taylor. Check out the October issue here at www.readergirlz.com -- Let's see if Blogger will let me link this up for you here.

If either you or Joelle would be interested in writing a short-but-tasty guest post for the rgz blog about your work and your art, please drop me a line. :)

Jamie S. Rich said...

That's fantastic, Willow. I just send you a message.

jamie

Little Willow said...

Email tag - you're it. :)